Retractable Clothesline & Project Laundry List

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010


{ MY WISH LIST }

My post yesterday featuring absolutely adorable clothespins, gave me the inspiration to go after and find an amazing retractable clothesline.

I was absolutely shocked when months ago I attempted to get a Clothesline on my way home from work. Target didn't have one and Bed Bath and Beyond had nothing of the sort. Luckily we are privy to the world wide web.

That brings us to these two beauties: The Lehigh RC20 and Moen RR5506HD

While these two functional beauties may not be as glamorous, cute or chic as my typical post products, they are safe saving, money saving and help support a lifestyle that lifts up our planet. Also, it gives you a chance to be a bit of a rebel!

A rebel? That's right, during my search for quality products (Don't worry the Lehigh and Mohen will go through our typical pro and con list below), I found a really neat movement called Project Laundry List.

Here is a trailer from their film, "Drying for Freedom"


{ THUMBS DOWN }
- Lehigh RC20 : Made out of plastic, so may not last as long. Requires a trick to make sure there is no slack on the line (make sure to read Amazon reviews to find it). Should be easy to find.

- Moen RR5506HD : Not a lot of reviews (only three). That always makes me nervous. Only 8 feet long, so not as appropriate for outdoor drying.

{ THUMBS UP }
- Lehigh RC20 : A massive 20 feet long, though can be used for shorter distances. 80 reviews on Amazon talking about its greatness!! Only $9.00 on Amazon and qualifies for super saver shipping!! (can't guarantee it is always $9.00 that is a sale price.)

- Moen RR5506HD : Made from chrome, will probably last longer. Looks more professional.

**All in all, I'm leaning towards the Lehigh RC20. It looks great for versatility sake (indoor and outdoor) and is a bit cheaper! And although it doesn't have that beautiful chrome finish, it is definitely not an eyesore.



{ BUY IT }

Buy the Lehigh RC20 HERE, for $9.00

Buy the Moen RR5506HD, HERE for $16.38

**Check out 10 reasons to line dry, at Project Laundry List

23 comments:

Katie April 22, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

This is so cool. I would so try to hand my clothes to dry if I wasn't nervous about peeping toms on my underwear.

Following you!! MBC 100 followers!!

Nikki@KreativeKnack April 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Thanks for this feedback! A clothesline is on my todo list...I'm on it! now if only all our rain would stop...got a solution for that? lol

One Love Mama April 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

I love my clothes line! It actually is pretty when the clothes are floating in the breeze.
Thanks for stopping by onelovemama, I'm following your blog now and LOVE it!!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans April 23, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And thank you for all your kind words! I am now a follower and cant wait to continue reading.

We had a clothesline in the summer when I was a kid. It is amazing that it doesn't get utilized as much anymore.

Brittany April 25, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

When my dryer broke I also tried to buy a retractable clothesline and went to target. I was really dissapointed they didn't have one. I thought they would have one for sure. Thanks for the great finds.

Denise April 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Stopping by from Friday Follow to say Hi! I am now a follower!

Stop by and enter my giveaway for Rachael Ray Bakeware:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Amy May 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

I just found you from Mom Bloggers Club. I'm following!
http://faithfulfinances.blogspot.com/

Barb, Diabetic Snacker May 7, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

I would love to try out a product like this. We have a dryer but it's starting to make noises & things are getting caught in it all the time so it's almost repair time.

Jessica June 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

Hi, I'm your newest GFC follower from MBC, I hope you'll take a moment to follow me too at Mom of all Trades!

annalene July 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

Hi there,

Found you on the GFC Followers group on Mom Bloggers Club. I'm now following you, please follow back when you have a chance (if you aren't already). Thanks!

I'm looking forward to reading your updates! :)

annalene
http://thewideworldof.blogspot.com/

lighttraveler July 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

I am following you via Mom Bloggers Club on the post of Google Friend Connect Followers. Please follow me back, if you aren't already! I really appreciate it! http://quicktattletails.blogspot.com/
Thanks,
Bonny

Sofia August 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Following you from MBC! Come visit and follow back!
Sofia
http://frompdxwithlove.com

Priscilla November 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

NEWEST FOLLOWER from mombloggersclub!

http://snackbarreviews.blogspot.com/

Priscilla

Shauna March 3, 2011 at 7:09 AM  

I am new here! Would love you to come visit and follow me too :) Hope you have a beautiful day! :) Shauna

Every Day Products & More March 6, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Hello newest follower from MBC
http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

Kelli March 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

Thanks for following, I'm following you back from Let's Start Saving Now.

I am so excited about this article on hanging clothes and Project Laundry List. I've been hanging my clothes for almost a year. In fact, my dryer broke about 5 months ago and I never replaced it. A relative bought us a new one last week but I'm still hanging my clothes.

Kelli March 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

I forgot I actually put a couple of retractable clotheslines on my front porch. So, I don't have to worry about putting on shoes or walking in wet grass in the morning to hang the clothes. The other benefit is I don't have to worry about rain as much.

As for your other reader that put she was worried about peeping toms, I put shirts & pants in front and underwear and such on the line closer to the house. So, you can't see the underwear from the road. Of course, we live on a little under an acre.

The only place I could find a clothesline in town was at Lowe's.

Sorry about going on and on. I just love hanging my clothes.

lovinangels March 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

Either would be a great deal! I need to get something like this, my clothesline is a mess.

uchychy may April 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM  

hi,am following you from MBC,pls follow me back at
http://nzeremm.blogspot.com
and nice blog you have...thanks

Formspring clone script May 7, 2011 at 1:22 AM  

Nice post. Very interesting to read all those. Thanks for sharing.
MLB2k11

aganuls October 24, 2011 at 4:50 AM  

This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic that’s been written about for years. Great stuff, just great! Swiss watch is the best watch jewelry in the world.

Mike Tyson April 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM  

Thanks guys, for sharing this conductive accumulation.
Retractable Clothesline

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP