SparkPeople Review

>> Monday, March 1, 2010

Chris Downie and his wonderful wife created SparkPeople after gaining huge financial success as very early Ebay employees. They decided to use their earnings to make the world a healthier place. SparkPeople is their way of giving back to the world.

Great!! So, what exactly is Sparkpeople? Sparkpeople is an online community and toolbox for success in the world of health.

"We offer nutrition, health, and fitness tools, support, and resources that are 100% free, while other sites like Weight Watchers and eDiets.com charge their members for similar services. "

"In addition to informative articles and interactive tools, such as fitness trackers and meal plans, members can find support and encouragement from our vibrant, positive community of members and experts."

Here's a video to SPARK your interest even more.



{ MY REVIEW }
I was told about SparkPeople by my Mom. It just kept coming up in conversations: "Someone on SparkPeople told me this", "Someone on Sparkpeople told me that," "I forgot to track my foods on SparkPeople today," "They have some really good free exercises for abs."

Before I knew it I was typing it into my browser

http://www.sparkpeople.com

Up came an extremely vast website. My mom had prepared me that there was so much to do on the website it was difficult to know where to start.

I started, however, at the Nutrition Tracker. (Which I absolutely love). I continued to explore the Nutrition Tracker, Goal Setter and Community Element.

My favorite element is the Community element. Not long after signing up, I was getting motivational messages from my SparkTeam members and more importantly being able to offer support to others.

I have found Spark People to be an incredibly inspiring and thorough resource for achieving better health for myself. My favorite part of SparkPeople, though, is how it has helped my mom. My mom has been a yo-yo dieter for most of her life. SparkPeople has provided her the support to keep her on path for lifelong health. Her goals are to be able and healthy for her grandchildren. She is extremely active in two support groups: Emotional Eaters and Over 50.

I joined a group perfect for me: 20 Somethings with less than 10 pounds to lose. SparkPeople caters to all who want to be and stay healthy.

{ THUMBS DOWN }
The website truly can be overwhelming.

Not all groups are as active or supportive. The process of finding a great group can be trial and error.

{ THUMBS UP }
This resource is absolutely amazing for a free resource!! In fact, it would be amazing even if I paid to use it!

From diets, to exercises, to recipes, to support, it is extremely thorough! Anyone can find what they need through this website.

The newsletters I get from SparkPeople are extremely interesting and feature motivational stories, delicious recipes and easy to do exercises.

SparkPeople also offers 20-day, 30-day, 90-day programs with a diet or exercise provided for each day.

I truly hope you visit this website and take the first step to sparking a positive change in your life.

{ SIGN UP }
Sign up for Sparkpeople.com, here.

To see my personal SparkPage, go here.

7 comments:

Ladybug Mama of 2 March 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Hey thanks for stopping by and following ladybugmamaof2. I was crying for a long time over that video as well. I've tried Spark People before. It is definitely great. I'm a new follower.

Patt March 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

I'm following you now!! Hugs Patt from FF

soapstar March 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

following you back from ff - never mind it's monday, you're just fashionably late ;-)

KatieBug March 2, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

Following back from MBC ;)

ham1299 March 2, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Following back from FF! :-)

I gotta say, I've tried SparkPeople, and found it way too overwhelming! I stick to MyFitnessPal.com instead. It's very similar, but much simpler!

Mrs. Sanchez March 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Thanks ham1299. Yah, Sparkpeople is really extensive. That's good to know!! Thank you!

Melissa McMommy March 7, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Sparkpeople is pretty cool. I like their short exercise videos. I especially recommend the 6 min. Butt Blaster workout! Following you back from MBC. :)

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP