Oompa Toys Review

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010


"NO BATTERIES. NO BLINKING LIGHTS. NO CARTOON-THEMED TOYS. PERIOD."

"Oompa Toys offers an expanding collection of European wooden toys, educational toys, lunch bags and modern children's furniture to urbane and discerning adults who want to expose the young children in their lives to non-character branded, quality toys that are designed to withstand generations of use. In addition to baby toys, we now offer a wonderful selection of baby gear, including strollers, high chairs, diaper bags and meal & bath time items. Recently we expanded our children's furniture collections to include modern cribs, tables, seating, beds & beddings and tons of playroom storage.

We believe baby toys should be natural, safe, ec0-friendly, non-violent and from manufacturers who provide safe and nurturing environments from their employees. We believe in fair, competitive pricing and strive for 100% customer satisfaction."

{ MY REVIEW }
I had to leave the introductory paragraph to Oompa untouched. That little excerpt came from a tiny paragraph at the bottom of the "About Us" section on the beautifully formatted Oompa Webpage.

What can I say? Oompa Toys is my favorite place to shop for baby toys!! As a behavioral therapist, I travel to the homes of the kiddos I work with and I see a lot of toys. I see a lot of the same toys over and over again. They are usually plastic, loud (some have off buttons, some do not) and cause and effect in nature.

As a therapist, my favorite toys are "contingent toys." Toys whose sounds and actions are contingent with the actions the child makes. I also love toys that have dual purposes. So, at first can be used for sensory exploration and then eventually evolve into pretend play toys. I love toys which foster imagination and creativity.

As a future mommy and women, I like "soft" or cloth toys, toys which make gentle, soothing or quiet sounds and toys which I don't have to worry about being recalled. I also like toys which seem like they will last forever (wood is ok, in this case!).

So, I think its pretty easy to see why I like Oompa. Oompa is the best place I know for choosy, thoughtful moms. There are so many more positives, as you will see below.

{ THUMBS DOWN }
The only deterrent could be the price. Some of these toys seem to be the same price as their plastic noisy equals, some seem to be much more.

Also, sometimes popular items are out of stock. You have the option to be emailed when they are in stock again.

{ THUMBS UP }
**The choice of products is the number one factor which makes Oompa Toys exemplary. The close second, however, is the wonderfully organized and well thought out website.

**Oompa Toys website provides options to search for toys by age, brand, location made (U.S. or Europe), and category toys fall in. ie: Baby Toys/Baby Blocks or Baby Toys/Mobiles

Inside of the category you choose you can search by brand, price or top reviewed. I personally flip flop between searching by price and top reviewed. I love the top reviewed option. I am obviously a BIG fan of reviews.

The item page features consumer reviews, pictures (from manufacturer and consumers), safety standards and educational features of the product. It is amazing!

**Oompa Toys offers a loyalty reward program which is just wonderful. You receive points for purchasing toys, writing reviews, posting pictures, referring friends or family and being the first to report a bug on the website.

The rewards program will not make you rich, but it is a nice incentive to get involved in the Oompa Toys community. Which is another thing I love about Oompa.

**Although Oompa Toys is an online store it has successfully given the feeling of a community of Mom's. As you read the reviews and look at pictures of other women's children playing with the toys, you feel a connect. That is a huge success for the designers of Oompa!!

**The toys are also packaged very nicely with a little pamphlet of other adorable Oompa Toys!!

{ BUY IT }
Oompa Toys is my favorite place to buy unique, well made and yes, thoughtful, gifts for children! I feel a lot of pride in giving a gift that will be used for years to come.

Buy Oompa Toys here!!

The toys pictured above in order of appearance:
Haba Baby Vegetables Rattle Set
Sevilla Building Blocks from Haba
Large Wooden Shape Sorter from Bajo

I have personally purchased the:
Haba Baby Vegetables Rattle Set
Haba Biofino Petit Fours
Haba Mushroom Ball Clutching Toy


**I have found every item to be outstanding in construction.

9 comments:

Housewife Bliss February 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

great toy reviews, busy busy bee you are. Thanks so much for being my special 100! am now following you.

Sunflower mom February 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Hi, Nice blog,I am in from MBC! Thanks for the review. My daughter is just the right age for blocks and I am thinking of buying one from your list.

Mom of 2 princes and 1 princess sunflower

born 7-26-09. Share in my blog!

http://savannasmilk.blogspot.com

Veronica Lee February 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

Coupon Clippin' Mommy February 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

Following from MBC. You can find me here:

http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

Mrs. Sanchez February 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Awww, thanks sunflower mom!! Haba has a lot of great blocks. They also have softer blocks for the younger ages.

Nice to see you ladies from MBC. :)

Tara February 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

I there, I'm visiting from MBC. Great job!

Deb K February 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

Great review~I am also a visitor from MBC!


http://debshere.blogspot.com/

Xenia February 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Thanks for stopping by and your kind words! I love the style of your blog and your writing, keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll find success.

I love Oompa Toys, their retail store is actually only a few minutes from my house and I could browse around there for days! :)

Kelly's Lucky You March 1, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

I love Haba toys...we have a store near us that carries them and it's so fun to see the imaginative creations.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP